Refunds & Returns
In light of stores & post offices closing for trade in New Zealand, we’ve extended the return policy period for an additional 60 days. This allows a total of 90 days to return your item(s) when trade reopens.
Things not quite right? All good! We know that sometimes an item may not fit or be right.
If you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return your item(s) in-store or online within 30 days of the order receipt and we will be happy to provide you with an exchange, store credit or refund.
If you wish to return an item purchased in-store, contact Customer Experience here
*Please note, Gift Cards are non-refundable.
Returns will be accepted when:
- Items were purchased in the last 30 days
- Proof of purchase is provided
- Items are unworn, undamaged and unmarked
- Items are in their original condition and original shoe box or packaging (please note: packaging must not be damaged or marked)
- Items returned online are sent in an additional carton or satchel to protect original packaging
Refunds will be processed via your original payment method;
- Credit card refunds will be visible within 1-5 business days depending on your financial institution
- PayPal refunds will be processed in your PayPal account 1-2 business days after we receive your returned item
- Afterpay refunds will be processed in your Afterpay account 1-2 business days after we receive your returned item
- Online refunds will be processed once a return has been received at our warehouse and reviewed by the customer care team. We’ll send you an email after your items have been reviewed, which may take up to 2 business days
- Online purchases using credit/debit cards may be refunded or exchanged in-store. Please ensure you have your proof of purchase for our Platypus team member to assist you
- Online purchases using PayPal can only be returned to the online store
- If you purchased online and picked up in-store using our Click and Collect service, then you are eligible for an exchange or full refund
- In-store purchases cannot be returned online
- Gift cards are non-refundable.
EXCHANGES & STORE CREDIT
In-store purchases that are eligible for return and within 30 days of receipt may be exchanged for other items, or store credit provided. It is at the discretion of our Platypus team to decide whether a full refund will be provided
COST OF RETURNS
You are responsible for the costs of returning any item(s) to our online store. Any returned item(s) are your property and remain your responsibility until they reach our warehouse
We offer two services when booking your return online;
- Courier pick-up – Cost varies depending on your pickup location
- Australian Post drop-offs – We recommend using their track and trace services
Returns will be accepted on any faulty item(s) returned to any Platypus store within a reasonable timeframe
If you believe your online purchase arrived with a manufacturing fault, or you received something different to your original order, we'll be happy to cover the cost of the return
If this is the case, please contact our Customer Care Team here with as many details as possible about the order